Steps To Take When You Have a Flooded Bathroom
Dealing with a flooded bathroom can be quite challenging. The water can quickly cause damage to various features in the bathroom. It can flow into other areas and damage carpets, wooden flooring etc. This makes it necessary to tackle flooding problems quickly and efficiently.
Steps to Take
While it’s best to call in experienced plumbers like the ones at Mr Splash Plumbing for emergency plumbing services, there are certain steps that you can take while you are waiting for our professional plumber to reach your location, such as:
- The first thing to do is to switch off the main electrical supply. Water is a very good conductor of electricity and if any appliance or device comes into contact with it that can cause electrocution if someone is in that area.
- The next step is to turn off the water supply at the mains.
- Make sure that no kids and pets wander into that area.
- If you are planning to walk into that space, wear rain boots while doing so.
- Turn off all the faucets and valves in that area.
How a Plumber Will Tackle the Problem
When our licensed plumber arrives at your location, he will:
Use pumps to pump out all the excess water from the bathroom and make sure it is disposed of at a distance from that area.
- Inspect all the plumbing in order to determine what caused the problem. If you have some inkling of where the leak originated from you can give them that information.
- Once the problem has been identified, you will be provided with a solution and quote for the job.
- Once you approve the quote, our plumber will fix the problem immediately.
For any plumbing enquiries, feel free to contact Mr. Splash Plumbing at this number-(02) 8093 5457 or simply send us an email via this contact us form to schedule a booking and we will respond promptly.
REDEEM SPECIAL OFFER
When you book online
Fill in your details here to become a FREE member *limited time only
ELECTRIC TO GAS CLAIM UP TO
AVAILABLE 10% OFF
NOT PER HOUR