The cold weather during wintertime can be a pleasant change after the summer heat. However, it also means that in addition to the regular maintenance tasks that you carry out in your home, you need to focus on getting various plumbing maintenance inspections and checks done.
Depending on how cold the weather is, you would have to make sure that the pipes are well-protected from the winter cold so that they don’t burst. Pipe freezing may not be widespread in and around Sydney. However, we at Mr. Splash Plumbing have seen that it does occur sometimes.
Burst pipes are considered a plumbing emergency as the water can start to flood the area very quickly. If not addressed on time, it can cause damage to various features in your home. You can trust us to provide you with prompt and reliable 24/7 Emergency Plumbing Services in Sydney.
Why Do Pipes Burst?
Whether you are dealing with a burst pipe on your commercial or residential property, we are here to help. There are many reasons for pipe freezing and bursting. Storms and freezing temperatures can affect your plumbing system, resulting in a pipe burst. Fixing the damage caused by water can be a significant expense. It’s essential to have a clear understanding of how and why pipe freezing takes place and what the dangers of burst pipes are.
Pipe freezing and burst pipes
This problem surfaces only when the outdoor temperatures dip below the freezing point. At subzero temperatures, the water in the pipes will slowly begin to freeze. The frozen water creates a blockage which results in a pressure buildup in the pipe. When the pressure increases to a certain point, it puts your pipes at risk of breaking or bursting. There are many dangers of burst pipes, such as:
- As mentioned earlier, water flowing into various areas of your property causes significant damage to multiple features in your home. Some of these things may be irreplaceable and of very high value as well.
- Depending on where the pipe freezing has resulted in a burst pipe, expensive appliances in your home may become damaged too.
- The water can seep into your carpets the underlayment or the hardwood floor, causing damage to these features.
- If the water is allowed to linger there for a very long time, it can lead to mould buildup.
- In case the pipe burst occurs near some electrical installations, it can result in a short circuit or even an electrical fire. Also, it can cause electrocution if someone touches an appliance or fixture in that space.
As you can see, all of these are very real risks and dangers of pipe freezing that result in a burst pipe.
Preventive Measures to Take
One of the best ways to make sure you do not have to face this type of emergency is to prevent pipe freezing. And there is a simple way to achieve this objective. Moving water cannot freeze. If you feel the night temperatures are starting to drop, turn on a few taps in your house so the water trickles from them.
The constant dripping will help prevent pipe freezing in most cases. However, if you do find yourself dealing with a burst pipe, call us without delay. We will rush to your location and address the problem quickly and professionally.
For any more information about our burst pipe repairs and other plumbing services, or service areas, feel free to contact Mr. Splash Plumbing at this number- (02) 8093 5457. Check what customers are saying about our services on this testimonials page. You can also send us an email via this contact us form to book now.
REDEEM SPECIAL OFFER
When you book online
Unable to display Facebook posts.
Please refer to our Error Message Reference.
Fill in your details here to become a FREE member *limited time only
ELECTRIC TO GAS CLAIM UP TO
AVAILABLE 10% OFF
NOT PER HOUR