What is Involved in Gas Repairs?
You should never ignore a gas leak, and it needs to be detected and fixed without any delay as well. Regular wear and tear in the fittings can cause leakages. However, these installations aren’t visible because they are under structures or behind walls.
When a gas leak occurs, only an experienced and licensed plumber should attend to the repairs. Mr Splash Plumbing specialists detect even the most subtle leaks using the latest Gas Leak Detection equipment and fix the problem meticulously.
Why Gas Leaks are Hazardous
Most people fail to understand that even a small leak from appliances or pipelines are dangerous. Gas accumulates and can lead to an explosion. Never rely on your sense of smell to detect the origin of a gas leak because experts alone can pinpoint the source using the appropriate equipment. They will also check all the gas pipelines and appliances thoroughly, repair and replace the parts and fix the problem expertly.
Signs That You Have A Gas Leak
You must be watchful of the gas fittings in your house and on the lookout for the following signs:
- Odour- This is the most noticeable sign of a gas leak. Gas in its natural state is odourless and colourless. However, utility companies use an additive in the gas they supply to consumers, which lends it a distinctive odour. This a safety measure the government has set in place to help avoid hazardous situations.
- Noise – If the gas is leaking through the cracks or joints in the pipe, it produces a hissing sound. In some places, this sound can be heard and noticed quickly.
- Temperature – If you smell the gas and hear any hissing sound, try the third check. Touch the nearest gas pipe to feel its temperature. If it is cold, that indicates the gas pressure inside the pipe has reduced due to a leak.
Steps to Take
Call us immediately for gas repairs if you notice any of these signs. Any delay in attending to the problem is risky for you and your home. The gas supplied to homes is not only inflammable but also toxic for human beings. Some things to do before you call us to include:
• Turn off the gas stoves and do not use them till the leak is fixed.
• Open the windows and doors and allow the leaked gas to dissipate.
• Call the gas company to shut down the supply to your home.
• Inform everyone on the property about the gas leak.
• Evacuate the property if necessary.
• Call us. We respond quickly.
In addition to gas repairs, gas leak detection, and Gas Installation, we also handle all other big and small plumbing jobs expertly. For any plumbing enquiries, feel free to contact Mr Splash Plumbing at this number- (02) 8093 5457 or send us an email via this contact us form to schedule a booking.
For more info, click here.
REDEEM SPECIAL OFFER
When you book online
Error: No posts found.
Make sure this account has posts available on instagram.com.
Fill in your details here to become a FREE member *limited time only
ELECTRIC TO GAS CLAIM UP TO
AVAILABLE 10% OFF
NOT PER HOUR